(5th April To 9th April, 2022)
( name of place eg. market)
(name of town)
|ADULTS||CHILDREN||TOTAL NUMBER OF PEOPLE|
|1||Effiduase Ploice quarters
Roman Junction Food Vendors
Household visited Eight (8)
Ten (10) households in Pipeline
Asokore Public Library
|3|| Wesley Int. School and the food vendors in the school.
Kitchen staff and food vendors at Oyoko Method School,
Two(2) eating premises
Four (4) Provision Shops along the principal street in Oyoko.
House hold visits Seven (7)
Nine (9 households
Presby Basic School
Visited two (2) mechanic shops
Cold store one (1)
Methodist Basic school
Household engaements in Suhyen Community nine (9)
|MUNICIPAL TOTAL NUMBER OF PEOPLE REACHED||1,373|
- There was high demand of PPEs from the people. It could be a good sign that they wanted to observe the covid-19 protocols especially the wearing of the nose masks and the rubbing of the sanitizers.
- Another issue was that, some kept complaining they could not breathe adequately with the nose mask on.
- Some people did not allow for pictures to be taken of them because they claimed they didn’t know what the pictures were going to be used for.
Recommendations / Conclusion
The following recommendations
- If the programme could provide some PPEs to be given to the vulnerable in the society who genuinely cannot afford them, it could make it easier for them also observe the covid-19 protocols.
- Provision of some leaflets/fliers/posters etc. could be of help
- The field facilitators could be given some pamphlets to form as a guide to aid them give out the accurate and uniform messages.
In conclusion, compliance rate had increased among the citizenry.
This MSWR/UNICEF Covid-19 initiative is commendable and needs to be sustained for a longer period.
There were massive clean-up campaigns in the following communities:
|s/n||Name of community||Activity
|1||Asokore||Sweeping and desilting of drains|
|;p-0p2||Akwadum||Sweeping and desilting of drains|
|3||Jumapo – Market sq. & health center||Sweeping and desilting of drains|
|4||Effiduase||Sweeping and desilting of drains|
Financial and logistical constraints were major challenges in the organization of monthly clean-up campaign.