Our core values include:
- Transparency and open to partnership
THE FUNCTIONS OF THE MUNICIPAL ASSEMBLY
To ensure the achievement of the vision and mission, the Assembly shall pursue the following core functions as established in the Local Governance Act, 2016 (Act 936);
- Exercise political and administrative authority in the Municipality
- Promote local economic development
- Provide guidance, give direction to and supervise other administrative authorities in the Municipality.
- The Municipal Assembly shall exercise deliberative, legislative and executive functions of the Assembly.
Notwithstanding the above core functions, the Municipal Assembly shall;
- be responsible for the overall development of the Municipality;
- formulate and execute plans, programmes and strategies for the effective mobilisation of the resources necessary for the overall development of the Municipality;
- promote and support productive activity and social development in the Municipality and remove any obstacles to initiative and development;
- sponsor the education of students from the Municipality to fill particular manpower needs of the Municipality; especially in the social sectors of education and health, making sure that the sponsorship is fairly and equitably balanced between male and female students;
- initiate programmes for the development of basic infrastructure and provide municipal works and services;
- be responsible for the development, improvement and management of human settlements and the environment;
- in co-operation with the appropriate national and local security agencies, be responsible for the maintenance of security and public safety
- ensure ready access to courts in the Municipality for the promotion of justice;
- Act to preserve and promote the cultural heritage within the Municipality.
PROCESSES TO OBTAIN A BUSINESS OPERATING PERMIT FROM THE NEW NORTH MUNICIPAL ASSEMBLY
- Write an application or introductory letter to the Municipal Chief Executive stating the Name of Business, Type of Business, and Location of Business.
- Attach all relevant documents (Certificate to Commence Business, Certificate of Incorporation, etc. if available).
- Cross-check the relevant documents with the Registrar General Department and other issuing authorities such as the Bank of Ghana for financial institutions.
- Inspection of office premises if necessary.
- A bill will be generated and served on the applicant, with reference to the Local Government Act (Act 462) sections 34, 78, 94, 98, and in accordance with the Fee Fixing Resolution of the Kwahu West Municipal Assembly, depending on the type and location of the business.
- Once the bill is paid, a receipt and certificate will be issued.
- Note that the certificate is renewable yearly.