The purpose of the programme was to teach Women In Agriculture Development (WIAD) on nutritive and healthy dieting for better health.
Local foods contain the needed nutrients needed for the body to grow well and also protect it
Benefits of Soya bean
- It serves as essential protein for the body.
- It gives iron to the body.
- It provides soluble fiber to the human system.
- It gives folate to the body.
All these benefits were made known to participants for them to know the vitality of the programme. They were taken through the food demonstration, which afterwards they had a taste of the various recipe demonstrated.
With the help the field officers, 20 Women In Agricultural Development were selected from 7 Operational Areas, and on the 9th of May, 2023, the women were conveyed to Oyoko Community Center for the demonstration of Soya milk extract from Soya Beans. Aside the 20 women, 5 officers from agric department also attended the programme making a total attendance of 25 participants. A Resource person in the person of Madam Felicia Kwao who was also a former a field WIAD Officer in the department was invited to facilitate the progamme alongside the WIAD Officer.
Ingredients and materials used
- Soya Beans Basin 10. Cooking Pot
- Water Fine Sieve.
- Sugar Source of heat
- Fragrance Stirring Stick
Preparation of Soya Milk
- Soya beans was soaked overnight and milled into soya mash
- Some quantity of the mash was mixed with some measurable water in a clean bowl into a milky state
- The milky concoction was then sieved into a clean basin to get a fine evaporated milk
- The milk was boiled for 45 minutes whilst being stirred till it was well cooked
- The milk was then poured out of the cooking pot in a basin and allow to warm
- A small quantity of sweet fragrance was poured into the milk and stirred up
- The Soya milk was ready to serve
- The was a learning process for the women
- It was an economic empowerment in addition to the nutritional health for their family
Per the annual work plan of the department, Women in Agric Department were trained on the preparation of Soya Milk Drink to boast the nutritional health of their family members