THE MUNICIPAL ASSEMBLY
- The Municipality was founded in 2017, it was carved out of the then New Juaben Municipality. The city has a settlement population of 62,171 people in 2018. The Municipality has a total surface area of 106 square kilometers.
- The municipality is home to many businesses (agriculture, service and sales, Craft and related trades) with exception of heavy duty industries.
- The municipality is made up of a blend of traditional and present day modern architecture with an economy based on an abundance of agriculture and trade.
- The Municipality has five zonal councils
- There is one (1) government hospital in the Municipality that serves as the first referral point namely: St. Josephs Government Hospital. There is one (1) clinic, four (4) Health Centres and twenty one (21) CHPS compound.
- The Municipalities major tourist site is the Adakawa rocks in Jumapo, Akyekyesu crocodile sanctuary and the birds view at Akwadum Mpaem.
STRUCTURE OF NJN MUNICIPAL ASSEMBLY
The Assembly has 21 Electoral Areas, 9 Unit Committees and 5 Zonal Council.
Click Here to Download
The New Juaben North Municipal exists to improve the standard of living of the citizen through sustainable mobilization and effective utilization of resources within the framework of good Governance.
The Vision of New Juaben North Municipal Assembly is to be ‘A leadding Local Government institution facilitating excellent local economic development’.
Tertiary: SDA Training College All Nations University, Main Campus UCC branch – distance education programme held at GHANASS Winneba branch – distance education programme held at POJOSS
Senior High Schools
- Ghana Senior High (GHANASS)
- Oyoko Methodist Senior High (OMESS)
- Pope John Senior High (POJOSS)
- SDA Senior High (SEDASS)
- Koforidua Technical Institute (KOTECH)
- Pentecost Senior High School (PENSEC)