LOCATION AND LAND SIZE
- The New Juaben North Municipal Assembly is located within the central part of
- the Eastern Region of Ghana and bounded by Abuakwa North in the North, New
- Juaben South in the South, Yilo Krobo in the East and Suhum in the West.
- Social and Cultural Structure:The municipality is heterogeneous in terms of ethnicity with a high dominance of Akans and Ga-Adangbes, Ewes and people belonging to other ethnic groups of the north also form significant proportions of the population in the municipality. With the Akan group, there is a fair mix of Asantes, Kwahus and Akims with a sizeable number of Akwapims.The municipality is predominantly Christian followed by Moslems and Traditional believers respectively. Source (GSS, 2010 PHC).
- Employment Sector:Private informal sector is the largest employer (75%)Public/Government – (15.3%)Private formal – (9%)Other smaller sectors (0.7%) – eg. Semi-public, international organisations, NGO’s both local and international.
- Markets:The municipal cannot boast of any buoyant market worth mentioning as such. Nevertheless, satellite markets can be found at Jumapo, Asikasu, Oyoko, Akwadum and Effiduase.