This report covers the services that were undertaken by the Department of Social Welfare in collaboration with the St. Joseph Hospital, Effiduase – Koforidua to clients who needed them for their existence. These services embodied the Core Programs of the Department in the hospital environment for the survival of man. These services include;
- Counseling / Social education to patients and their significant others
- Contact with relative
- Assisting clients in collecting salaries / entitlement etc.
- Advise on disability
- Recommendation for undertakings
- Absconded patients
- Recommendation for pauper burial
- Assistance to the needy
- Referral cases to DSW staff
- Counseling and reintegration of psychiatric patients
- Discharged of relatives
- Miscellaneous assistance
- Subsistence/travel & transport
- Referral cases to community health for supervision
- Community /foster are arranged
- Discharged to CDI or institutional care
- Supplied clothing
- Home visits
This section also highlights the organizational details, achievements and challenges of the unit in relation to the programs performance.
OBJECTIVES: To assist clients to overcome or cope with their medico-social challenges using preventive and curative approaches.
Total number of cases handled 91
Total number of completed cases 87
Total number of cases pending- 3